This was built considering everyone to be able to use the sorting, no matter the WordPress experience:
- Install the plugin through the Install Plugins interface or by uploading the
post-types-orderfolder to your
- Activate the Post Order plugin.
- A new setting page will be created within Settings > Post Types Order, you should check with that, and make a first options save.
- Using the AutoSort option as ON you don’t need to worry about any code changes, the plugin will apply the customized post order on fly.
- Use the Re-Order interface which appear to every custom post type (non-hierarchical) to change the post order to a new one.
- If prefer sort apply through the code, include ‘orderby’ =>’menu_order’ within custom query arguments, more details at http://www.nsp-code.com/sample-code-on-how-to-apply-the-sort-for-post-types-order-plugin/